JOB OPPORTUNITY: Administrative Coordinator for CARFAC Manitoba
TERMS: 6 hours per week
SALARY: $16 per hour
DEADLINE: 5pm, 26 May 2017
APPLY: by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Application – Administrative Coordinator
CARFAC Manitoba is seeking an organized, efficient, and cheerful individual who has experience with artist-run centres and contemporary art. Reporting to CARFAC Manitoba’s Board of Directors, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for tasks relating to day-to-day administrative and financial operations of the organization. In this capacity, the Administrative Coordinator will be the public face of the organization and will ensure that CARFAC Manitoba fulfills its mandate and serves both its membership and community to the fullest.
Responsibilities include: financial management; general office administration; corresponding with and disseminating information to artists, other CARFAC affiliates, members and the public; managing the membership database; and other duties as required by the Board. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly-motivated individual who possesses strong organizational and communication skills, and a has strong interest in artists’ rights, arts administration, and contemporary art.
This role is self-directed, requiring the ability to independently prioritize tasks and to work alone. The selected candidate will work from the CARFAC Manitoba office located in the Artspace building at 100 Arthur Street in Winnipeg.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- experience, education, or training in financial management and/or office administration, preferably a background in arts administration
- understanding of CARFAC’s mandate
- familiarity with basic accounting and bookkeeping principles
- ability to work with WordPress website
- excellent communication, writing and time management skills
- the ability to work independently
- strong awareness of the visual arts in Manitoba
Applicants must submit a cover letter detailing their relevant experience as it relates to the job description and why they want the position (one page maximum) along with a résumé (2 pages maximum). Email to the above address by 26 May 2017 at 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted. CARFAC Manitoba is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, though only those selected for interview will be contacted.
DEADLINE: 26 May 2017
INTERVIEWS: 01 June 2017
DESIRED START DATE: 05 June 2017
ABOUT CARFAC Manitoba
CARFAC Manitoba exists to develop and promote an appreciation of the visual arts throughout the province of Manitoba by providing education services and information to artists and the public in Manitoba. We are an affiliate of CARFAC National.
Canadian Artists’ Representation/Le Front des artistes canadiens (CARFAC) is incorporated federally as a non-profit corporation that is the national voice of Canada’s professional visual artists. As a non-profit association and a National Art Service Organization, our mandate is to promote the visual arts in Canada, to promote a socio-economic climate that is conducive to the production of visual arts in Canada, and to conduct research and engage in public education for these purposes.
CARFAC was established by artists in 1968 and has been recognized by the Status of the Artist legislation. CARFAC is guided by an active Board, elected by the membership.
We believe that artists, like professionals in other fields, should be paid for their work and share equitably in profits from their work. As the national voice of Canada’s professional visual artists, CARFAC defends artists’ economic and legal rights and educates the public on fair dealing with artists. In doing so, CARFAC promotes a socio-economic climate conducive to the production of visual arts. CARFAC engages actively in advocacy, lobbying, research and public education on behalf of artists in Canada.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
- Maintain the organization’s books and budgets
- Collect monthly payments from studio renters
- Carry out all bookkeeping and accounting procedures including liaising with Crosstown Credit Union and making regular deposits
- Process payroll, maintain records of cash flow, receivables and payables and ensure prompt payment of bills, relevant fees, and ensure all bills are paid
- Write grant applications and prepare financial reports
- Prepare files for bookkeeper and prepare/coordinate Year End
- Liaise with CARFAC National and other CARFAC affiliates to remain aware of latest issues and initiatives
- Maintain a good relationship with Artspace through participation on their Board
- Develop and maintain the membership database, process new members and send membership renewals
- Communication with studio renters, including ensuring contracts are up to date and dealing with any issues brought forward
- General communications including mail-outs, website updating and maintenance
- Maintain insurance for the organization
- Assist with organizing the Annual General Meeting (with the Board)
- General correspondence, mail opening, data entry, word processing, photocopying, printing, layout, record keeping, filing, mailing, etc
- Attend Board meetings
- Develop opportunities for members, ie. Exhibitions, free gallery entry, discounts, newsletter, etc.
- Welcome visitors to CARFAC and talk to them about the organization
- Ensure smooth operation of the organization is maintained including hours of operation kept, supplies maintained, and maintenance of office
CARFAC Manitoba exists to develop and promote an appreciation of the visual arts throughout the province of Manitoba by providing education services and information to artists and the public in Manitoba.
If you would like to support CARFAC Manitoba by becoming a member, check out our membership options.